NetMaut Tariff Designer
The NetMaut Tariff Designer allows designing an almost unlimited number of tariffs in a truly modular system. Based on various attributes - such as volume, duration or Quality of Service - numerous tariffs may be configured and later on assigned to the subscribers.
Each tariff option may have all or a selection of the following attributes:
- available data volume
- maximum speed (upload/download)
- validity in the period from/to (e.g. day, week, month)
- validity in the time from/to (e.g. at the weekend from 9.00 am - 5:00 pm)
- validity at specific locations (assignment to footprints)
- actions carried out after usage of available data volume
(like limiting the bandwidth or redirecting to a booking platform)
- actions carried out at specified thresholds (like sending an SMS "n % volume used up")
- immediate activation or activation on first use
- allocation of user groups (several users share quota)
The assignment of tariffs to subscribers can vary from provider to provider. The tariffs may for example be stored as Service Option Codes for the subscriber in the CRM or they are booked online by the customer and provided to the NetMaut SPR by the booking platforms.
NetMaut uses a comprehensive calculation logic to determine the available data volume and the QoS values provided for a subscriber. This logic cumulates and prioritizes the tariff attributes according to policies agreed upon with the provider.
Here is an example:
- If a customer has several data volume options, the volumes of these options ate added up.
- If these options have different bandwidth settings the QoS can be adapted to the settings of the unused options.
- If the customer books up a new option which only consists of a bandwidth option the QoS for the volume of the other options is raised accordingly.
- If the customer changes the location the QoS may be adapted. This allows the creation of roaming offers, which use the full bandwidth in the national context and the national volume with a limited bandwidth abroad.
Supported Tariff Models
The NetMaut calculation logic includes various tariff models which differ with regard to the methods used for calculating volume and determining QoS attributes.
The name is a pure understatement since this method allows the fastest time-to-market for new products.
In the StandardFlex model each combination of tariff options has fixed volume and QoS attributes. If a combination changes (an option is added or dropped) the attributes for the customer are completely re-calculated.
The preset attributes can be different for different locations (footprints).
In the CombiFlex model volume and time quotas from all Service Option Codes booked by a subscriber are added up. Respectively, the best value for each attribute is determined by a set of rules.
This allows customers the flexible booking and cancelling of tariff attributes in a modular way and thus almost unlimited combinations of tariffs.
In the PremiumFlex model the validities for the use of a booked tariff option (duration and period of time) are managed in the NetMaut system.
The CRM of the mobile service provider or a mediation platform could for example create an option, which is valid "from now until next sunday 11:59:59 pm".
The GroupFlex model summarizes the tariff attributes for groups of users. This allows creating tariffs for families or teams in which all group members may book options into a pool and use it collectively.
On each usage and booking NetMaut adapts volume and QoS dynamically and optionally informs all group members about thresholds and booking options.
Most features of the tariff models can be combined per subscriber and footprint ensuring highest flexibility. We support you in figuring out which models best fit your current and your future needs.
Enterprise Customers and Reseller
in addition to these models we also provide customized configurations which allow mobile service providers to develop separate tariffs and flows for enterprise customers or resellers like for example:
- special configurations for specific access points (APN)
- VPN configurations for customer groups
- multi-APN failover configurations